As Salaamu alaikum parents, students and visitors,
It is that time of the school year again where the standardized tests are among us. All grades here have been preparing their classes over the past few weeks to a month. Really, my experience with these standardized tests tell me it comes down to what you’ve already learned as a student (there’s no one page you can study before the test). Our students should do well. 85% of our 4th graders did well on their NYS test prep last week and 5th graders were right with them 80% doing well.
Parents help your children by:
* Removing anything stressful from their environment the day before the tests
* Give them words of encouragement
* Make salat and du’a the morning of the tests
* Allow them to get plenty of rest the night before the test (all this week)
* Give them a healthy breakfast the morning of the test (if they don’t eat at school)